There are plenty of free services on the Internet when trying to advertise your services. Following these few simple steps, you can guarantee that you’ll be listed in the major search engines with little to no money.
- Create a sitemap using a sitemap creator and submit it to Bing and Google. Your best bet is to follow the open-format Sitemaps protocol. Verify your sites and verify that your sitemaps do not have any warnings (Google is the currently the best way to check this).
- Assuming that you’ve already picked a topic or product that you plan on sticking to for a while, begin to write two or three short essays that score at least a 500 word count. These will be your primary advertising content, so make sure that these essays are not only on your site, but refer to your product or service in the best light.
- Start with Google Groups, which is a syndicate for the UseNet. All that it requires is a simple Google Account. Find as many related topics to your product or services and distribute the essay that you wrote. There are thousands of niches on the UseNet, so it’s easy to find a few dozen to inform.
- Create a WordPress Blog on either your web site or at WordPress.org and use plugin such as Gregarious or Sociable to distribute your content to Digg, Propeller, StumbleUpon, Mixx, and Del.icio.us as well as your favorite social websites. These sites can be an excellent way of gauging the quality of your content, product, or service.
- If you are confident enough in your company, you should next go and make a press release with the essay that you wrote. It may take some minor revisions to make your essay look like a press release and follow the correct format, but not long.
- Follow this list with 20 free press release points and submit your release to them. Ideally you want to target sites that will submit your release to places like Google and Yahoo News.
- Go search Google, Yahoo, and MSN for your topic and add the term “forum” or “blog” and become a member of that site. Do not spam these sites as you do not want to associate negativity with your product.
This should be enough to fulfill a day or so and see at least 50+ referring links to your site that can generate plenty of traffic. Enjoy!