The PlayStation Recap; Final Fantasy XIII Launches in the US
Really, the biggest news of tonight is the launch of Final Fantasy XIII in the United States. It’s launched in the EST, but we’re still waiting on our copy in the CST. Very excited to say the least. In our own due diligence, we wanted to share with you at least an update of the PSN. The ONLY thing we’ve seen from Sony for why the systems and PlayStation Network would not work is below. We can’t but help to think it was a media stunt to gain more Twitter followers at this point:
The PlayStation Recap
Posted by Chris Morell // Senior Specialist, Social Media
- PlayStation Network Status Update — Thanks for bearing with us. We’re back to business as usual.
- Latest info on PlayStation Network Status — Did you follow us on Twitter for news Monday?
- PlayStation Network Service Restored — And we’re back! Commence marathon MAG and Heavy Rain sessions!!
- Score Tickets to the Final Fantasy XIII Launch Event in San Francisco! — You wouldn’t even believe how many submissions we had for this. Seriously, you really wouldn’t. Apparently Square Enix has a popular game on its hands. Who’da thunk?
- Media Molecule Officially Joins the PlayStation Family — And we welcome SackBoy with open arms! In all seriousness, how could you not be stoked about this? Mm does some absolutely amazing work.
- It Only Does The Show — This is definitely one of my favorite Kevin Butler segments yet. My question: What do you have to do to get banned from Mexico?
- LittleBigPlanet: This Week in DLC — The Canyons costumes and pack hit LBP PSP, plus a couple last chance offers that you don’t want to miss!
- God of War III Blood & Metal EP Out Now — I’ve got less than a year left until I hit the big three-zero. But until then, I can destroy my ears with a little metal.
- New PlayStation Pavilion at Disney’s ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Provides the Ultimate Gaming Experience — Get your PlayStation fix at the PlayStation Pavilion in Orlando, FL!
- Pillar of the Skies – A New World of Topatoi on PSN Tomorrow — Topatoi expands into a completely new world. Take a gander at the gameplay video for a peek into the new episode.
- Patching You Through – Patchwork Heroes Demo Out This Thursday — Free demo? Where do I sign? Check out Patchwork Heroes, another incredibly unique title out of Japan.
- Coming to PSN Next Week: Rocket Racing PSP mini — Phil Larson from Halfbrick drops by with all the details on Rocket Racing, hitting the PlayStation Store this Thursday.
- New Star Wars Content Comes to PlayStation Home + IREM Seaside of Memories, Two New Personal Spaces + More! — Locust_Star knows that opening with Star Wars is a smart move. But that’s not all that’s new to Home. You also get a couple new personal spaces and more!
- God of War III Interview with Design Director Todd Papy — At the God of War III media event in LA, I sat down with the incredibly cool Todd Papy to talk “wow moments,” collaborating with Naughty Dog, what it’s like to be done with the game and much more.
- Naughty Dog at GDC – We Want Your Questions! — Naughty Dog is all about GDC. So much, in fact, that they’re going to take your questions during a Thursday, March 11 session!
- The Tester Episode 3 Available Today — Things are heating up in the game-testing battle. Jaffe returns this week!
- PlayStation Comics Store Update — Over 50 new comics hit the Comics Store this week including Star Trek Nero and much more.
- SOCOM 4: It’s Official! — You’ve been waiting. Well, here’s the official word from Zipper on SOCOM 4!
- Want to Play God of War III Early? Come to our GDC San Francisco Meetup! — As of today, well over 200 yes’s. Wednesday will be a very fine day, indeed. See you on Wednesday!
- PlayStation Store Update — The Tester Ep. 3, Just Cause 2 demo, MLB 10: The Show add-on content, RE5 add-ons, new Pulse, The Show on PSP, 5 minis and a lot more!
- PlayStation Network Video Content Update — Another huge update of TV shows, trailers and movies, including Where the Wild Things Are. Anybody catch it? Started slow for me, but really picked up in the second half.
- Coming to PSN: Joe Danger — I am really, really impressed with this gameplay trailer. Seriously, looks right up my alley.
- God of War Unearthing the Legend Winners! —Here is the official list of winners and the video proof that you’re forever stamped on the God of War franchise.
- SOCOM 4 Teaser: Director’s Commentary — If you didn’t catch the SOCOM 4 teaser trailer, you can watch it here! Plus, Zipper does a special bit of developer commentary over the trailer.
- Gran Turismo Does NASCAR – Polyphony Digital At Texas Motor Speedway — NASCAR coming to GT5. Plus, video proof that Kazunori-san and company do their research in the real world!
- Lights, Camera, Play Ball! Create Your Own Highlight Reel with MLB 10: The Show’s Movie Maker — Psh, Sportscenter…that’s so yesterday. Make your own highlight reel wit this amazing feature in MLB 10: The Show!
- ModNation Racers PS3: Dynamic Props – More than Just Speed Bumps — United Front Games’ Mark Riddell is back! This time he’s talking about dynamic props. And oh yeah, a new trailer…
- SOCOM 4 – It’s Official – The world’s great tactical shooter is back, and Zipper’s making it!
- SOCOM 4 Teaser: Director’s Commentary – Creative Director, Ed Byrne, drops some inside information.
- MAG on GameBattles.com – Become the ultimate soldier, win prizes!
- MAG.com Leaderboard Beta – Start tracking your status as a killing machine right now.
- UNCHARTED 2 Title Update 1.06 and Multiplayer Updates – We released an update to the multiplayer modes of UNCHARTED 2 earlier this week. The Title Update and live updates we pushed performed some additional balancing to player hitboxes, some weapons and one Booster that we felt was warranted after Title Update 1.05 was released. As part of these updates, we also pushed some geometry updates to prevent intentional glitching.
- “Unleashed: The Art of Naughty Dog” art show opens this weekend – Twenty Naughty Dog (and UNCHARTED 2) artists are doing a group show of their art work at the Gnomon Gallery in Hollywood, California. The opening reception for the show is on the evening of Saturday, March 6, and will run for at least a month.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!